For Stuffing :
1) Potatoes - 2 medium ( Boil and remove the skin and mash )
2) Onion - 1 medium ( Cut into small pieces )
3) Cumin - 1/2 tsp
4) Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
5) Red Chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
6) Garam masala - 1/2 tsp
7) Green chilli's - 4 ( cut into small pieces )
1) In a pan, heat a teaspoon of oil, toast mustard seeds, cumin.
2) saute onions, green chillies.
3) Add the mashed potato. 4) Add salt, garam masala and mix them all well. 5) Cook on medium heat for about 10 to 15 minutes. Keep aside.
- Fill them up with potato curry to the top.
- In a big iron skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil. Place the stuffed bell peppers and cook them covered on medium heat for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Turn them to sides so that they could get brown on all sides. Keep aside.
1) Peanuts - 1/2 cup
2) Tamarind Juice - 2 tsp
3) Red chilli's - 4
4) Jaggery powder - 1 tsp
5) Cloves - 3
6) Cinnamon - 1 stick
1) Toast peanuts, cloves and pieces of cinnamon, red chillies without oil.
2) Grind them to smooth paste, add tamarind juice and powdered jaggery .
3) Heat a teaspoon of oil in a big pan.
4) Add the peanut paste and water and mix well.
5) Simmer on medium heat for about 10 minutes. Adjust salt
6) Add the stuffed capsicums to the thickened sauce.
7) Cook for another 10 minutes on medium heat, covered.
8) Serve with rice or with chapatis.